Whether you are having problems with  service connected compensation, a non-service connected pension, obtaining health care from the VA or simply need help obtaining your military records, I will try to help you.

To submit a request for assistance, please complete a privacy release form and send it to my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How can I get a copy of my military records (discharge, medical, etc.)?

Most military records are stored at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. 

For copies of your military service records, you need a SF-180 Form.
You can contact the National Personnel Records Center in writing, click here for the online SF-180 Form or call my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky for help to obtain your records.

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63132-510

Visit the National Archives web site

Return to Top
How can I contact the Department of Veteran's Affairs?

ThVA has toll free numbers for the convenience of veterans and dependents.

Benefits Information & Assistance: 800-827-1000 
Health Care: 877-222-8387 
Education & Training: 888-442-4551 
VA Life Insurance: 800-669-8477 
Office of SGLI: 800-419-1473 
CHAMPVA: 800-733-8387 
Helpline (Agent Orange & Gulf War): 800-749-8387 
Direct Deposit: 877-838-2778 
Headstones (status of claims only): 800-697-6947 
Debt Management: 800-827-0648
Mammography Hotline: 888-492-7844
Sexual Trauma Hotline: 800-827-1000
Telecommunication Device for Deaf: (TDD) 800-829-4833 

VA Medical Center, Lexington, KY: 1-888-824-3577
VA Medical Center, Huntington, WVA: 1-800-827-8244
VA Medical Center, Mountain Home, TN: 1-877-573-3529

Visit the website for the Department of Veteran's Affairs

Return to Top
What's the difference between disability compensation and disability pension?

Disability Compensation: A monthly monetary benefit paid to veterans who are disabled by injury or disease incurred in or aggravated due to military service.

Disability Pension: A monetary benefit paid to veterans with war time service who are permanently and totally disabled. This benefit is based on qualified income limitations.

Return to Top
What do I do if my records were destroyed in the 1973 fire?

You may contact the National Personnel Records Center at:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri  63132-5100

You can also find out the status of yeour records by calling the following numbers:

Army Records: (314) 538-4261
- For service from 1912 - 1959

Air Force Records: (314) 538-4243
- For service during 1964 - Present

Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Records: (314) 538-4141

Visit the National Archives Website

Return to Top
How can I get replacement military medals?
For assistance to obtain replacement military medals, contact my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky.

NOTICE: All requests for replacement medals must be completed in writing. Return to Top
Who is eligible for a VA Home Loan?

Call the VA toll free at 1-888-487-1970 for details on eligibility.

Visit the website for VA Home Loans

Return to Top
Are widows of Veterans eligible for benefits?
If you are the widow of an honorably discharged veteran you can apply for VA widow’s benefits. 

Please contact my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky or the Department of Veterans Affairs to determine your eligibility for benefits Return to Top