I help many constituents who have questions regarding the Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), formerly called the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). If you need assistance with any applications you have filed with the bureau, including naturalization applications, immigrant petitions for relatives and adjustment status applications, we may be able to help.

To submit a request for assistance, please complete a privacy release form and send it, along with an explanation of the problem, to my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How can I contact USCIS directly?

You can call the USCIS toll-free number for general questions: 1-800-375-5283.

The USCIS automated information line is available 24 hours a day.

Visit the USCIS website 

The USCIS website has information about every form, addresses for all USCIS offices and information on fee changes. The website also offers a way to order forms online or through the mail.

Return to Top
How do I become a U.S. Citizen?

Visit the USCIS website for information about how to become a US Citizen.  Also, you can download a "Guide to Naturalization" to help answer your questions.

Forms are available for download from the USCIS website. You can request forms be mailed to you on the USCIS website, or by calling 1-800-870-FORM (3676).

You can also contact my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky for a form

Return to Top
How can I find out the status of my paperwork with the USCIS?

If you would like for me to inquire about the status of your Naturalization or Green Card, fill out a privacy release form and mail it to my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky.

If you simply want to know how long the processing time takes, please call my office in Somerset at 1-800-632-8588 or (606) 679-8346 and we will consult the latest processing report.

You may also find the information you need on any receipt notice you may have received from the USCIS. On that form there may be an estimated time of how long it will take to process the type of paperwork you filed. You should usually wait until that estimated time has passed before inquiring further. USCIS officials and my office are typically unable to check on any paperwork that is still within the normal processing time. If, however, you have a life or death emergency during this time that involves your USCIS paperwork, please contact my office as soon as possible to see if I can help

Return to Top
Where can I find information about immigration laws?

Visit the USCIS website to find information on laws, regulations and interpretations of law controlling immigration and the work of the USCIS. You can also find a copy of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

The Nutshell Guide for U.S. Businesses Employing Foreign Nationals is a helpful reference for employers.

Return to Top