I help many constituents working with federal, state, and local governments on housing issues. If you have been unable to resolve a problem with an agency, I may be able to help you find the assistance or information you need.

To submit a request for assistance, please complete a privacy release form and send it to my District Office in Somerset, Kentucky.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and what do they do?

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is responsible for national policy and programs that address America's housing needs, improve our nation's communities, and enforce fair housing laws.  HUD's major functions are grouped into six categories:

  1. Insuring mortgages for single-family and multi-family dwellings and extending loans for home improvement and purchasing mobile homes
  2. Channeling funds from investors into the mortgage industry through the Government National Mortgage Association
  3. Making direct loans for the construction or rehabilitation of housing projects for seniors and those with disabilities
  4. Providing federal housing subsidies for low and moderate-income families
  5. Providing grants to states and communities for community development activities
  6. Promoting and enforcing fair housing and equal housing opportunities
Return to Top
Is there a toll-free number I can call to find HUD-approved housing counseling agencies?

HUD has a toll-free referral service that provides potential homebuyers, homeowners, and renters with the names and telephone numbers of their nearest HUD approved housing counseling agencies. 

These services include first time homebuyer information; mortgage default and delinquency counseling; reverse mortgage (HECM) counseling; financial management; and property maintenance guidelines. 

Toll-Free Housing Referral Service:
1-800-358-6216 (TDD)

Return to Top
How can I get information about home foreclosures in Kentucky?

Protect My Kentucky Home
The Kentucky Homeownership Protection Center provides information on public services offered to Kentuckians to assist in keeping your home.

You can also call 866-830-7868 (KY Only) 

Making Home Affordable 
Visit Making Home Affordable for help for America's Homeowners.

You can also call The Homeowner's HOPE Hotline: 1-888-995-HOPE

Return to Top