Aug 06 2013
I look forward to traveling across Southern and Eastern Kentucky over the next several weeks. I plan to visit Carter, Clay, Floyd, Harlan, Jackson, Laurel, Lee, Perry and Pike Counties in the first two weeks alone, with more to follow. You're invited to join me at all of the following events:
- Monday, August 5th at 6:00 p.m.: Cowboy Up for Christ at the Triple R Ranch in Jackson County, where approximately 150 young people are encouraged to stay drug-free by participating in equestrian activities. Click here for directions.
- Thursday, August 8th at 11:00 a.m.: Harlan County Boys and Girls Club, located at 1 Positive Place in Harlan, Kentucky.
- Thursday, August 8th at 1:00 p.m.: Dorton Community Park - Press Conference about Marijuana Education with Appalachia HIDTA and the Kentucky National Guard. The park is located on Dorton Hill Road off of US Hwy. 23 in Dorton, Kentucky.
- Friday, August 9th at 1:00 p.m.: New Phelps Elementary School Grand Opening located at 11672 Phelps 632 Road in Phelps, Kentucky.
- Tuesday, August 13 at 11:15 a.m.: Kentucky Christian University Announcement about the Congressional Award Program. The announcement will be made in the KCU Nash-Chapel Auditorium located at 100 Academic Parkway in Grayson, Kentucky.
- Tuesday, August 13th at 12:00 p.m.: Grayson Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Monthly Meeting where I will be the keynote speaker. The chamber will meet in the McKenzie Student Life Center Student Lounge on the campus of Kentucky Christian University located at 100 Academic Parkway in Grayson, Kentucky.
- Wednesday, August 14th at 10:30 a.m.: Perry County meeting with the faith-based community to address the drug abuse epidemic. The event will be held at the Perry County Public Library located at 289 Black Gold Blvd. in Hazard, Kentucky.
- Wednesday, August 14th at 1:00 p.m.: Appalachian Innovations Collaborative Summer Meeting at the Big Sandy Community and Technical College, located at 1 Bert T. Combs Drive in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. The entire summer meeting begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 16th at 1:00 p.m.: UNITE Treatment and Drug-Free Education Announcements at the EKU-Manchester Campus. Operation UNITE will unveil new treatment and drug-free education tools to be used statewide. Guests include: First Lady Jane Beshear, Kentucky Senate President Robert Stivers, EKU President Dr. Michael Benson, and Chad's Hope. The event will be held in the Stivers Building located at 50 University Drive in Manchester, Kentucky.
- Monday, August 19th at 12:00 p.m.: Lee County Community Luncheon at the Happy Top Community Center located at 500 Happy Top Road in Beattyville, Kentucky.
- Monday, August 19th at 3:30 p.m.: Hazard Congressional Office Open-House, featuring rising country music star, Jimmy Rose. If you haven't visited my new Hazard office, I invite you to swing by. The new Hazard office is located at 48 South Kentucky Highway 15, beside CVS Pharmacy.
For more information about any of these events, please call my Somerset District Office at 1-800-632-8588.-------
If you would like to receive more frequent updates on what's happening in Washington, please send me an email, join myFacebook page, follow me on Twitter, or subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you to everyone who has dropped by to share your opinion -- let's keep the dialogue going!